MILWAUKEE (April 22, 2010) – This May, Harley-Davidson will celebrate the 2nd Annual Women Riders Month, which aims to inspire women everywhere to get behind the handlebars of their own motorcycle and discover adventure and freedom on two wheels. Harley-Davidson dealerships around the world are celebrating Women Riders Month by hosting rides and parties that honor women riders – the fastest growing demographic in the motorcycle industry since 1990.
“We know thousands of women around the world have been thinking about embracing motorcycling, but have never twisted the throttle of their own Harley,” says Leslie Prevish, Women’s Outreach Manager for Harley-Davidson Motor Company. “Women Riders Month aims to open the door for women to take that first step toward experiencing this exhilarating sport for themselves, as well as celebrate the thousands of women who’ve already taken life by the handlebars.”
Harley Calls Riders Home: Milwaukee Celebration
As part of Women Riders Month, women from around the world will join together in Harley-Davidson’s hometown of Milwaukee on May 22 and 23, 2010, where the Motor Company has a series of activities set to take place at the Harley-Davidson Museum. The two-day event is open to the public and to all brands of motorcycles. Activities include:
· Group Ride and Downtown Street Party: On Saturday, May 22, ride alongside hundreds of other motorcyclists celebrating women riders. The Group Ride will start at the Summerfest Grounds and finish at a downtown street party, featuring live music, food and more motorcycle fun. Women and men interested in joining the group ride can register at www.harley-davidson.com/womenriders.
· Live to Ride, Ride to Shop: For those that want to shop, several businesses in the Milwaukee area are offering special discounts and deals for registered participants.
· Motorcycle Demos: Take one of the new 2010 Harley-Davidson models out for a test ride.
· Thrill of the Throttle Ride: Not a rider yet? Hop on this cool, stationary Harley to get the feel of a V-Twin and shift through the gears. No motorcycle license required.
· Interactive Seminars: Attend a seminar to learn about Health/Wellness, Self Defense, Yoga, Bicycle Fitment, the proper technique to pick up a dropped motorcycle & more.
· Fashion Show: Featuring Milwaukee firemen as runway escorts, see the latest in Harley-Davidson fashions including the Pink Label Collection – gear and apparel in which a portion of the proceeds are donated to the Breast Cancer Network of Strength.
· Bike Blessing: Get your motorcycle blessed for the ride home.
· T-CLOC Pre-ride Inspection: Have a Harley-Davidson motorcycle expert help you check your bike for spring riding.
The hometown celebration continues with the Wisconsin Products Passport Ride on Saturday and Sunday featuring several stops throughout the city of Milwaukee and surrounding areas, which will give riders a taste of Wisconsin. Riders will hit up unique places in Harley’s hometown, including Alterra Coffee, Usingers Sausage and Palermo’s Pizza, and sample the local fare to enter to win prizes, including a special Pink Label Collection leather jacket.
Registration and Schedule
For more details and to register for the Women Riders Month 2010 event visit www.harley-davidson.com/womenriders. Registration is $35 until May 16. After May 16, the registration package can be purchased online and onsite at the H-D Museum for $45 and includes:
· Commemorative Charm
· Free Admission to the H-D Museum
· Participation in the Milwaukee Group Ride
· Participation in the Wisconsin Products Passport Ride
· Local Merchant Discounts
Milwaukee isn’t the only city celebrating Women Riders Month. Harley-Davidson dealers around the world as far away as Aruba and Korea are celebrating in style this May by hosting women’s rides, activities and parties on behalf of women riders. Women interested in learning more about riding, or those interested in celebrating the camaraderie of the sport can head to their local Harley-Davidson® dealership. To find the details on Women Riders Month activities in your area, check out the Women’s Event Calendar at www.harley-davidson.com/womenriders.